KARNATAKA STATE COUNCIL FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Indian Institute of Science Campus, Bengaluru -560012
Telephone: 080 -23600978, 23341652 || Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or www.kscst.org.in/spp.html or https://kscst.karnataka.gov.in/en
Commencement of Submission of Proposals
via Google Form
Last date for Submission of Proposals via
February 2024, 5.30 PM
Announcement of Selected Proposals for
/ April 2024
Midterm Evaluation of Sponsored Projects
- June 2024
Synopsis & Final Project Report submission through Google Form
- June 2024
Seminar and Exhibition of Selected Projects
/ August 2024
The project proposal for the 47th
series of the Student Project Programme (SPP) shall be applied by Google Forms
only. Do not send the hard copy of the proposal. Submission of project
proposals in any other mode will not be accepted.
1.The project proposals are accepted from the institutions
/ Universities established with in the state of Karnataka.
2. Students studying in the final year B.E.,
B. Arch., M. Tech, M.Sc.,
M.Sc./M. Tech (Agriculture), M.B.A. and M.C.A. are eligible to apply. A team of
a maximum of four students is allowed.
3. The project shall have a maximum of two guides.
4. Each team allowed to submit only one project proposal.
5. A student shall not be associated with more than one
6. The project proposals must be submitted with attestation
from the Project Guide and HOD / The Principal of the institution.
1. Payment of processing fee of Rs. 1000/- (inclusive of GST) per project
shall be made by NEFT / UPI payment mode.
2. The bank account details of KSCST are available for
download from the website.
4. The Processing fee paid is non-refundable and non-transferable irrespective of the selection / rejection of the project proposal.
Instructions to the Institutions:
The institute shall nominate a faculty as the
SPP Co-ordinator with whom KSCST can interact regarding the activities of the
47th series of SPP.
2. The number of proposals submission from each institution is restricted to a maximum of only 20 proposals per branch.
3. The concerned faculty shall initially scrutinize the project proposals, conduct in-house evaluation of projects and then submit the best project proposals for support.
4. Shall create an email id specifically for SPP
and circulate among the students, SPP coordinator of the institute. The email
id shall be mentioned in the SPP coordinator details in the proposal and Google
5. All circulars and information will be communicated
to SPP coordinator via same email id. SPP coordinator shall use the same id to
communicate with KSCST.
6. KSCST is not responsible for non-receipt of any communication due to a wrong email ID provided in the Google Form.
The amount sanctioned will be transferred to the
account furnished by the institute. The details regarding the same will be
announced on the website.
8. In the event of in-completion of the project, the
institute shall refund the sanctioned amount to the Secretary, KSCST,
Indian Institute of Science Campus, Bengaluru - 560 012. (Bank details given in
the Project Proposal format)
Role of SPP Coordinator:
1. The SPP coordinator shall communicate with KSCST,
institution and students in the entire process of SPP.
2. Shall make sure the projects submitted by the
students are as per the guidelines specified by KSCST and are submitted on time.
The SPP Coordinator shall prepare and send the
consolidated list of projects applied under 47th series to KSCST
duly signed by the principal on or before 26th February 2024. The List shall include Project title, Branch, Guide
and Students Name.
4. Once the project gets selected and sponsored, the SPP coordinators shall make sure the students participate in the mid-term evaluation and seminar & exhibition.
Shall monitor the progress of the project and utilization
of the funds released.
Make sure the project team submits the synopsis and
softcopy of the project reports in the stipulated time.
Shall submit the utilization certificate and statement
of expenditure for the sponsored projects in the format provided by KSCST within
the stipulated date (will be intimated).
Instructions to the students:
The project proposals are accepted in the form of softcopy by GOOGLE
FORM. Do not send the hardcopy of the proposals. Non-submission of project
proposals through Google Forms shall not be considered for the evaluation
Download and prepare the following .doc files (3)
available on the website.
• Project Proposal Format
• Declaration form by the project team and
endorsement by institution (2 pages)
Processing fee form (1 page)
Pay the processing fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees one
thousand only) by NEFT / UPI payment mode.
• Bank account details of KSCST are available in the last
page of project proposal format and can be downloaded from the website.
• The transaction details (a receipt of an online
payment made) shall be uploaded on Google Form.
1. Fill the project proposal format, convert to pdf and upload the pdf of the same in the Google Form
• File name should be
"01_Title of the Project"
and file size should be less than 3 MB
2. Fill the Declaration form by the project team and endorsement by the institution (2 pages) and get it duly signed by respective authorities as mentioned in the form. Upload the scanned pdf file of the same in the Google Form
• Syntax for the file name
"02_Title of the Project_declaration_endorsement" and file size should be
less than 1 MB
3. Fill the processing fee form and get it duly signed by respective authorities as mentioned in the form. Upload the scanned pdf file of the same in the Google Form
• Syntax for the file name
"03_Title of the Project_Processing
and file size should be less than 1 MB
Fill the Google form and upload the 3 pdf files as
• The Google form shall be filled using Gmail ID only.
• Once the Google Forms are submitted, no changes can be made or allowed. Hence fill with utmost care.
• Google Forms link:
The project sanction letter for the sponsored projects will be sent to the principal of the institution with copies to the team leader, Project guide and Head of the Department (by email).
The sanctioned amount will be transferred to the account provided by the institute.
During the Seminar and Exhibition, the
Project of the Year Award" will be presented to the outstanding projects
with a cash prize (for both Students and Project Guides) and certificates to
all participants of the Seminar and Exhibition on the day of event.
sponsored project details from 1977-78 to 2014-2015, and SPP Projects
Compendium up to the 45th Series of SPP information is available
online on the KSCST website as "SPREAD Online". The abstract and full
version of 7 years reports is also available. This provides students, with information
on completed projects, and problems / gaps in technology to develop a project,
references and avoid duplication.
details of the Awarded projects are hosted in the KSCST
- SPP Website.
project report details can also be obtained from
visit our website www.kscst.org.in/spp.html or https://kscst.karnataka.gov.in/en
for further details and announcements.
* ~ * ~ *